Valley Vista Care Centers provide residents with a safe, comfortable and caring environment. Our Behavior Care Program located in our St. Maries facility has been providing specialized care to residents with Huntington’s Disease since 1992. Our Sandpoint facility offers a Traumatic Brain Injury unit for those who no longer need hospitalization but are unable to live alone. Our programs are leaders in providing specialized programs to persons with a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and persons with difficult to manage behaviors.
These programs are designed to provide each client with individualized care and treatment by allowing them:
- CHOICE – gives the client opportunities for choice
- EMPOWERMENT – gives the client control over his/her environment.
- COMFORT – provides the client with the least rigid path of care
- MANAGMENT – provides a safe and nurturing approach in the treatment of agitation, aggression and cognitive disorders associated with Traumatic Brain Injury, Huntington’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.
Valley Vista Care Centers are able to offer a variety of services for our residents. Both of our care center facilities have a complete Therapy Department with Speech, Occupational and Physical Therapies. We also provide Aquatic Therapy pools, complete with underwater treadmills. We also work with physicians who are experienced in caring for and treating residents with these diagnoses.
There are numerous factors which set these programs apart from other specialized units:
- High staff to resident ratio
- A 28 hour specialized staff training course and on-going in-services, including but not limited to: Effective communication skills, Techniques of Validation, Stress Management, Gentle Approaches, Behavior Interventions, Psychological effects on caregivers
- Psychiatric review and consultation with doctor, staff and family
- Availability of a psychiatric facility for short stay when needed
- Secured units
- Easily monitored physical environment
- Outside courtyard
- Specialized behavior monitoring system(s)
- Consistency in Staffing – Interventions – Monitoring – Language
- Encourage and provide as much choice, flexibility and control in our residents everyday routines
Our staff strive to assist residents in maintaining an independent, dignified and comfortable life.