An Independent Life and Dignified Surroundings
Our caring, compassionate, skilled staff is proud of the specialized personal care we are able to provide for elderly or disabled residents. We provide a safe, comfortable, independent environment in which our residents and their families can face the challenges of life.
Our St. Maries facility located in one of the most beautiful parts of Idaho provides:
- Skilled Nursing Care
- Assisted Living
- Independent Senior Apartments
- Specialized Programs in Behavior Management
- Management Company for In-Home Personal Care Agency
- Physical Therapy
- Regular outings and activities that provide interaction with residents, staff and visitors.
Our experienced staff of nurses provide short-term rehabilitative stays for patients recovering from surgeries, or illness and long-term 24/7 care for those suffering from chronic or terminal conditions. Our staff is composed of LPN and RN professionals providing 24-hour care to people who can no longer care for themselves due to physical, emotional, or mental conditions. A licensed physician directs each resident’s care and a licensed nurse is always on the premises. VVC have two basic types of services: skilled medical care and custodial care.
Skilled medical care includes services of trained professionals that are needed for a limited period of time following an injury or illness here are three examples:
- A Licensed Nurse doing wound care and changing dressings after a major surgery, or administering and monitoring I.V. antibiotics for a severe infection.
- A physical therapist helping to correct strength and balance problems that have made it difficult for a patient to walk or get on and off the bed, toilet or furniture.
- A speech therapist helping a person regain the ability to communicate after a stroke. An occupational therapist helping a person relearn independent self-care in areas such as dressing, grooming and eating.
- High staff to resident ratio
- A 28 hour specialized staff training course and on-going in-services, including but not limited to:
- Effective communications skills
- Techniques of Validation
- Stress Management
- Gentle Approaches
- Behavior Interventions
- Psychological effects on caregivers
Our professional licensed Physical, Occupational and Speech therapists provide the following array of services:
- Private treatment spaces for Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapies
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Balance and core strengthening for pediatrics, adults, and patients who are in wheelchairs
- Bariatric Therapy
- Strengthening, Conditioning, and Total Body Exercise for all patients
- Aquatic Therapy
- People and function based therapy
Secured Behavior Care
Our program is a leader in providing specialized care for traumatic brain injury patients and those that exhibit difficult to manage behaviors. Aimed at those who no longer need hospitalization, our program also welcomes patients with a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Disease and dementia.
With a high staff-to-resident ratio and a secure environment, our experienced caregivers receive special training in effective communications skills and behavior interventions. Each staff member implements a complete problem-solving system that has been developed to give residents personal choice and empowerment over his or her environment.
Senior Independent Apartments
St. Maries offers 19 apartments with six different floor plans, which include private and semi-private layouts to choose from. Each apartment includes a kitchenette, barrier free bathrooms, cable TV, Internet, and optional phone service.
Cottage Care Assisted Living
This 20-unit community was designed for residents with more specialized needs. Offering a family-like atmosphere with 24-hour staffing, 3 daily meals (plus snacks), laundry services and various room layouts. Four private units are also available.
Each of our residents is also given assistance with dressing, bathing, personal hygiene, monitoring of medication and housekeeping needs.